Wednesday 27 March 2019

To Freedom!


The dumbest decision I ever made was to marry someone I knew for a short while, and the even dumber decision was sticking to that life for almost 7 years.
I tried it all to make it work. Talking doesn’t always help, neither does therapy or counseling. It was the greatest feeling when I left, when I walked out of my marriage. I had already found a humble house for rent. Took the day off from work, spent a few hours to box the necessary things (of mine) and by evening I had left the big, beautiful house where I had the ugliest memories of my adult life.
It was pure joy to live alone, to be in charge of everything,  most importantly to live where no one to strangulate me or punch me in my face.
Freedom!

The downside of it though, of living alone…A to Z of the household responsibilities need to be carried out by me. In a way it is fun, but sometimes it is such a pain in the ass. Going to work every day so that bills can be paid, paying the bills (itself is a task indeed ), making meals, getting things to make meals, but the most irritating task of all is to fix what is broken. And things always break – it’s either the fan or the blender or the door. There is always a new errand to run. You know how I see it? It is like God feels bad for all the regular problems I have and gives me a new problem once in a while to solve, to make life more interesting. 
It sucks, but I would never trade this life for what I had before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feminism? No, thank you!

  Feminist, I was. Most of the days, there I was in college reading silently books and magazines that talked about the feminist movement and...