Saturday 22 August 2015

Growing Up Sucks!




As you age, you change roles and the responsibilities mount up day after day and you feel like there is no air left for you to breathe in.  This has been talked about for ages, how as we grow up we lose the joy of being a child, of seeing beauty in any simplest of things.
If growing up means looking all serious and not smiling or laughing loudly then screw it! I don’t want to be a grown up!
If growing up means not playing hide and seek  with the neighborhood kids, then I don’t want to be a grown up!
If growing up means showing no emotion when someone in higher position insults you or annoys you, then, no I don’t want to be a grown up!
If growing up means nodding your head  to the words of your boss no matter how senseless they are, I don’t wanna be a grown up… Ever!
If growing up means looking at the rainbow and saying  ”yeah that’s a rainbow” with no scream of joy, then Hell No! I don’t wanna be a grown up!
 If growing up means not slipping into the pit of sadness and not shedding tears, then no I dont wanna be a grown up!
If growing up means  living in fear of consequences, of future, of failing, of  losing job, of losing reputation, then I refuse to be a grown up!
I fear losing a dear friend to misunderstanding, of losing a loved one to time, of losing an experience by being too careful.
 I would rather climb up the shaky ladder feel the exhilarating view for just a few seconds, fall down and hurt myself  than just be safe.  “It’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all”
I would rather “Stop and Stare” the wondrous world of nature  than to attend a stupid meeting on time. I will come up with an awesome excuse later, because I AM ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feminism? No, thank you!

  Feminist, I was. Most of the days, there I was in college reading silently books and magazines that talked about the feminist movement and...