Sunday 6 July 2014

Karma, the pain in my ass!


   
  

My six year daughter is a scary replica of myself when I was her age. Those were the horrible days. I lost my lunch boxes often. I remember my mom coming to school because of that. Her way was to threaten me that she would tell the principal about my carelessness. It was our little ritual me begging her not to do so, standing outside the principal’s office. She never once told her but the fear was so real and that scared the shit out of me.
             It is true that History repeats itself.- my daughter leaves her lunch bag in school, with the lunch box (much expensive than what my mom had bought for me), water bottle, two snacks boxes and a hand towel.  What do I do?
            The first time it happened I said  “oh ok da bring it tomorrow” and
            when it happened again –  I yelled at her telling her I buy stuff with my hard earned money, I even told her that there is no one to get stuff for us as I’m a single mom. She cried, I cried!
            But it happened again…I think this is a serious problem and I give her a tight one (not proud of it) she cried!, and
            When it happened the next time – I said “ok I’m not gonna beat you ( and feel horrible later) so sit in your sorry chair!”
             It happened over and over again  that I even asked a question, to make her more responsible,  in an online forum.  Nothing worked.
             The result…simple…no lunch bag. I keep everything she needs, lunch box, snacks boxes, water bottle, in her backpack. This arrangement is okay for now as she has to carry less number of books.            
              I am an ordinary mom who wants her daughter not to make the same mistakes I made…be it losing stationery or picking the wrong guys. I am just hoping for her to change, to be more responsible, and more importantly not to be exactly like ‘me.’

2 comments:

  1. /I am an ordinary mom who wants her daughter not to make the same mistakes I made…be it losing stationery or picking the wrong guys./

    A GOOD MOM!!

    ReplyDelete

Feminism? No, thank you!

  Feminist, I was. Most of the days, there I was in college reading silently books and magazines that talked about the feminist movement and...