Friday 2 June 2017

the Mountains...again!




How amazing are we? Human race sure is a very perplexing entity on this planet.  I wonder at the complexities of the ways our mind works. Of all the human emotions, from feeling ecstatic to almost capable of feeling nothing except numbness , the  best is feeling  calmness  while overwhelmed by the  massive bigness of the universe.  When I was sitting on the top of a hill looking at the not so rushing waterfall and the racing mist, nothing seemed more important that the sight itself. It was not my past, nor what is in for me in the coming years that I felt.  It was beautiful to have the mind on pause mode. 

It didn’t last for long though. I got my usual ‘me of myriad thoughts’ back, started to jump around wanting to explore more, Wowed at the sheer size of some wild animal’s poop (Gaur or a gigantic wild boar), Kept touching my ‘essential areas’ checking for leeches (as I wouldn’t mind if the little suckers were anywhere on my legs or in between my toes), repeatedly thanked the person who helped me reach there,  began to plan my next trip, started to think about what my dear ones would say when I take them there  and it went on like that for a while before I shushed it,  took in one last deep breath of the purest pure air and left… left with a piece of bliss that I got from that place. 

I have travelled before but it feels sweeter now as I broke away from some rusty chains that weighed me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feminism? No, thank you!

  Feminist, I was. Most of the days, there I was in college reading silently books and magazines that talked about the feminist movement and...